Portable Telescopic Mast
GES Engineering offers an economical alternative to telescopic lifting systems with its indigenously developed trailer-integrated Portable Telescopic Mast. Cameras, radars, illuminators, jammers, calibration apparatus and weapon systems, can all be easily mounted onto the Portable Telescopic Mast, which raises to a height of 15 meters. Produced in accordance with military standards and as a more economic option when compared to its competitors, the system can be deployed for missions on inclined terrain and under heavy and challenging environmental conditions featuring high wind loads.
Integrated Generator and Air Conditioning System
The trailer on which the Telescopic Mast is mounted features a 12-kw generator for payloads that need electricity. The trailer also features a cabin containing an air conditioning system for the temperature control of the test apparatus used for the testing of thermal cameras, which can then be hoisted onto the mast once the desired temperature has been reached. Thus, all of the testing needs of the user are satisfied by a single platform.
Mobile Test Platform
When the trailer needs to be moved, the lowered mast system can easily be tilted 90 degrees by means of an installed mechanism. For the deployment, the mast is brought to its upright position and the outriggers on the trailer are extended. To prevent the mast system from moving once it has been fully elevated, it is secured to the ground with guy ropes.
The mast system is elevated by means of a manually driven pulley system, although an electric motor can be provided if required by the user.
The innovative features offered by GES Engineering’s Portable Telescopic Mast are as follows:
- Economic solution
- Internal generator
- Integrated Air Conditioning System
- Simple and plain architecture that allows manually driven elevation
- Optional electric drive
- No additional power supply required
- System incorporated with all testing needs
- Mobile platform that can easily be deployed in the desired location
- Easy setup and dismantling in 10 minutes
GES Engineering’s Telescopic Mast can be integrated onto various vehicles, shelters or trailers, upon request. Its dimensions and load carrying capacity can also be adjusted according to user demand.
GES Engineering has completed all the design and qualification works related to the Portable Telescopic Mast, and has made its first delivery. It has passed the necessary field tests as a system and is used by ASELSAN to calibrate its products. The system has already proven its reliability in the field, and is currently in use by ASELSAN.
Potential Projects and Areas of Use
The system, which can be produced in different sizes and with various carrying capacities, can be used very efficiently especially in the testing and calibration of radars and electro-optic sensors. It can also be used for mobile communication and telecommunication systems, on fire trucks, and in maritime and civilian observation applications.
- Maximum Height: 15 meters
- Maximum Payload Weight: 50 kg
- Mast Weight: 250 kg
- Weight with Trailer, Generator and All Other Equipment: 1,278 kg
- Operating Temperature Range: -32 °C to +49 °C
- Mast Drive Type: Manually driven (with reels)
- Setup Time: 10 min
- Crew: 1 person
- Compliant with MIL-STD-810G
- Maximum speed (on asphalt road): 70 km/h
- Wind Resistance: 50 km/h
- Generator: 12 kW
- Internal Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth): 1000x600x500
- Maximum and Minimum Internal Temperature: Depending on the devices in the cabin, internal temperatures of between +15 and +30 degrees can be maintained
- Heating Capacity: 1 kW
- Cooling Capacity: 1 kW