Used for adjusting track tension on tracked vehicles, the Track Adjuster is a critical component that needs to be highly reliable to ensure mission success. GES Engineering’s indigenous Track Adjuster is a reliable solution with high strength and sealing.
To fulfil its role in a highly reliable manner, the Track Adjuster is required to have excellent sealing. As a hydraulic system, the Track Adjuster is subjected to four to five times the pressure sustained by standard hydraulic systems during the movement of a tracked vehicle over rough terrain.
With its specially-designed seals and the sensitive manufacturing it carries out within very strict tolerance levels, GES Engineering has succeeded in developing a highly reliable Track Adjuster that functions flawlessly, even under high pressure conditions.
GES Engineering’s Track Adjuster brings numerous innovative features:
- High sealing and reliability
- High resistance to saltwater and corrosion, allowing its use in amphibious vehicles
- Ability to be used on a wide range of vehicles, including the ACV-15, M113, M60 and KAPLAN-10
- Ability to change seals with basic hand tools while in the field
GES Engineering’s Track Adjuster is a passive system. If requested, it can also be adapted to vehicles with active systems.
Potential Projects and Areas of Use
- All tracked vehicles weighing up to 60 tons
GES Engineering has completed all design and qualification works for its Track Adjuster, and has now started deliveries. Having covered a distance of some 15,000 km on a KAPLAN-10 vehicle, developed by FNSS for the Anti-Tank Vehicles project, and having passed many challenging tests together with the vehicle, the Track Adjuster has already proven its reliability in the field.
- Operating pressure of up to 6,000 psi (800 bar)
- 5 m/s operating speed
- 10,000 km lifespan
- Operating Temperature: -32°C - +49°C
- Compliant with MIL-STD-810G