Shelter and Mobile Platform Lift and Transportation Systems
With the Shelter and Mobile Platform Lifting and Transportation System, GES Engineering brings an effective solution to the transportation of shelters and platforms from one point to another. The system can, with legs mounted on all four corners, lift shelters and mobile platforms from the ground, allowing them to be moved by a towing vehicle.
In the absence of a specially-designed solution, shelters need to be hoisted from the ground by crane or forklift, and transported on special-purpose trucks and trailers. Should a shelter need to be lifted from the ground by crane, sufficient space is required to ensure the safe operation of the crane.
Lifting a shelter with a forklift also requires a wide area, and in such cases, there should be enough space between the shelter and the ground to accommodate the forks. These are the requirements for ideal conditions. However, under combat conditions or at rapidly established military bases, for example, shelters may be placed directly on the ground.
Moving a shelter from one point to another can, under different circumstances, become a significant hindrance.
- A shelter might be placed in such a manner that there is no space between the shelter and the ground.
- The location of the shelter may also prohibit the use of a crane or forklift. For example, the headroom inside a building may be insufficient.
- The location in which the shelter is to be placed may also be too restricted to permit transportation by vehicle.
- In such cases, the vehicle might not have enough room to manoeuvre to the desired spot and lower the shelter.
The Shelter and Mobile Platform Lifting and Transportation System provides a solution to all of these impeding scenarios by enabling the easy transport of shelters.
Similarly, the Shelter and Mobile Platform Lifting and Transportation System can also transport large and heavy items, such as the chassis of vehicles, from one point to another in production lines. In this scenario of use, the system is integrated onto a platform, and the large and heavy items in question are moved along the production line via this platform.
GES Engineering’s Shelter and Mobile Platform Lifting and Transportation System comes with numerous innovative features:
- Provides an alternative to the cranes and forklifts used for the transportation of shelters and mobile platforms at 1/10 of the cost.
- Requires no external power supply, being operated by means of manually-driven hydraulic pumps located on each leg.
- Can be installed by a single person. If two personnel are available, it takes only five minutes to connect the four legs, to lift the shelter or platform to the maximum height and to make it ready to move.
- It can lift shelters and platforms of up to 30 tons to a height of 50 cm from the ground.
- The system can carry a shelter or platform at a maximum speed of 15 km/h.
GES Engineering’s Shelter and Mobile Platform Lifting and Transportation System is compatible with standard ISO containers. If required, a battery unit and an electric pump can be installed on each leg to enable the system to be operated with electric power.
GES Engineering completed the development and testing of the Shelter and Mobile Platform Lifting and Transportation System in 2018. During a demonstration performed for ASELSAN, the system successfully carried a container to an area that was too restricted for a crane or forklift, resulting in a first sales order from ASELSAN.
Potential Projects and Areas of Use
- All projects involving shelters
- Manual hydraulic systems
- 30-ton load capacity
- Maximum speed of 15 km/h
- Can lift to a height of 500 mm
- Ability to be integrated with platforms of different dimensions
- No need for space between the platform and the ground for effective operation
- Dimensions: 160 x 80 x 75 cm
- Stroke: 550 mm
- Weight of each outrigger: 280 kg